Friday, June 15, 2018

Lo's 19 & 20 Month Update

WORDS, we have WORDS!!! I have never in my life been so happy to hear a child say no. I'm just so proud every time she says it. Soon after Lo turned 19 months we started speech therapy sessions at home. They didn't last long though, we only did 5 sessions but I think it was a combination of timing and encouragement that got her on her way. She loves saying "amen" at the end of grace and our nightly prayers and I'm loving it.

The girl is obsessed with butts! She will take every opportunity to kiss, pinch or slap a butt if she gets the chance. And she's not particularly interested in ones that are clothed. Though while in Hawaii she did poke a random lady's butt. I don't get it but it's hilarious!!


She takes off her shoes every chance she gets and loves removing others earrings. I've lost several backs because of this. She knows all of her body parts and loves pointing them out with her dad and I. Disciplining her will be interesting. She thinks everything is a joke and that being stern with her is actually funny. I can call her to me 10 times and she will refuse every time. Screaming at the top of her lungs seems to be a sport of sorts. She enjoys hearing how high she gets.

We are now at the stage of taking off our diaper. She has not been fond of poop for sometime now and would always tell me "I pee pee" and grab her diaper when she had done her business. Recently she has been taking it off and telling me afterwards. We are getting pull ups very soon and have decided to just go for it. 


Hawaii was Lo's first BIG trip of over 6 hours of plane rides and she did great. I was surprised at how well she took to the water and eventually wanted nothing to do with getting out. She napped by the pools and lived her best life! 


Her faces are my favorite!!




No comments: