Thursday, June 4, 2015

Estes Park

Here's what we've been up to lately! This past weekend we headed to Estes Park to see what we could get into during the spring time, really I was on the hunt for Moose. Sadly we saw none and everyone I asked seemed to be clueless, and they called themselves "Park Rangers". Deliver me a Moose or remove your badge. Sorry, I really wanna see one. BUT they were able to help us point out some Big Horn Sheep and the Elk were all around for everyone to enjoy. First stop was fooooooood!



 


It was such an incredibly beautiful day! As we got closer to top of the mountain where it continues to snow year round, the height of the snow at the side of the roads is pretty impressive. And let me just say, if you are in ANY sense of the word scared of heights, don't you ever bring your happy self to this place! With no railing Tj (the driver) and I (the backseat driver) were calling the name of Jesus. You will get your life real fast, you've been warned!














On the way down the mountain I got a little nutty and I got my happy self out the car to get a better picture of some Elk grazing. But, there was a lady on the side of the road too and she was much closer than I was so if anything happened…I'm just saying. I promise I don't plan on being on an episode of "When Animals Attack"! When I do see my Moose, I will back back and give them 50 feet (remember  that song?), or maybe 50 yards!

On Sunday after church we had the pleasure of helping out the student ministry with their summer kick off. It was all fun and games, Noelle also enjoyed her first popsicle and oreo!




No comments: