Friday, September 26, 2014

About Face

I LOVE makeup! It has always been such fun for me. I keep it simple most days with just eyebrows and mascara but I always get so excited for the opportunity to play around. I recently got some great products that I am really excited about using. I am far from a beauty guru but I love trying new things, especially when they are recommended by my friend's who are also lovers of makeup. 

First up eyebrows. UGH, if you know me, you know my eyebrows have always been a huge source of frustration for me. I have so much to fill in. And don't worry, I revealed my bare brows to Tj very early in our dating life so he knew what he was getting into, just in case he was a brow man. Thankfully he wasn't and our baby turned out to have PERFECT brows.

Look at those arches!


 I've received some praise over my new found brow routine so I will share the products I use. 

My friend Joanne recently put me on game to makeup artist Desi Perkins. She's on instagram (@desimakeup) and has a YouTube channel. She, like me has very little brow hair (thanks Mom). She posted a video of her brow tutorial and it has changed my life.

Before

After 

Products used:






Finish with Benefit Gimme Brow in Medium/Deep


A couple weeks ago I went H.A.M in MAC
Pro Long Wear Eye Shadow in Uninterrupted
Pigment in Melon

I get all my makeup brushes are from Sigma Beauty 
 I purchased along with the Angled Brow, the Tapered Kabuki and Flat Kabuki brush


This picture I just posted was done with this palette :)
Thanks Jo :)


I'd like to take this time to thank everyone that has helped me on my eyebrow journey:
Rhema Gaines
Liz Bailey
Sheryl Lawrence
Joanne Khuu
It took me a long time to get here and there's no turning back!
#TeamBeatBrows

No comments: