Friday, November 9, 2018

Crane Humidifier

Cracked hands, nose bleeds and dry curls. Just some of the things I have experienced since moving to Denver. Moving from suffocating humidity to hardly any was an adjustment to say the least. But we are rounding our fourth year living here and if there's one thing I've learned, it's GET A HUMIDIFIER!!! Seriously, I don't know how we survived so long without one. Thanks to Crane we've been able to supply our girls with them and it has made a big difference in the congestion they've had already this fall. We will keep these bad boys blasting in both their room and also the baby's room next month.



Everyone is going to need some good sleep around here with the addition of a new baby and adding humidity to our rooms will help us do just that. The humidity helps to open up airways and allow for easier breathing. 

I was told soon after moving to Denver by some coworkers of mine that many parents here will plan their children's birth to avoid respiratory season. As a pediatric nurse, I can tell you that this makes ALL the sense! It can be so harsh around here and we are certainly biased because of how many sick children we see. Family planning for us was not based on this but I will do everything in my power to keep my newborn as healthy as possible during the winter months. Because newborns are nose breathers our Crane humidifier will help to keep her little nose clear. As well as keep her skin as baby soft and it deserves to be. 

I will say, using any humidifier requires up keep. This one in particular needs to be emptied and fresh water added to it daily and should be disinfected once a week. It isn't difficult, just takes effort. 


We chose the clear and white drop humidifier for Noelle and Lo's room and the grey drop humidifier for the baby's room. I can't wait to hook that one up once we get her room together! Thank you to Crane for helping our home stay healthy!!!

No comments: