Monday, October 24, 2016

Winning Chili

If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat then you may have seen me clinch the coveted Fall Classic Chili Cook off!!!
Our friends Eddie and Maddie hosted a fall party this weekend involving a chili cook off and pumpkin painting for the kids. It was so much fun getting together with our friends and not too shabby that we walked out with the trophy! I wanted to post about the chili, not to add chili powder in my competitors wounds but to share the recipe that got us the win.

I have never been a huge chili maker or eater. My love for chili has always started and ended with Steak N' Shake's chili with NO onions. But when Tj opened his mouth and got us me in the competition, I naturally headed to Pinterest to find a recipe. You can find it here. I knew it would be special because it called for ground beef and pork which I had never heard of before. I always use seasoning salt instead of regular salt because I think it gives my dishes more flavor. I also used canned fire roasted tomatoes and fire roasted corn. I plan on making it for my family the next time we're in Orlando. It's a great meal for the fall and sure to fill your home with amazing aromas and full happy bellies. 










No comments: