Thursday, September 8, 2016

Week 37

Tears and calmed fears! This past week has been an emotional roller coaster but we are just so grateful for Lo still being on the inside and getting as much brain development as she possibly can. I am pro 40 weeks and would love nothing more for her to stay put if it were possible but unfortunately that's just not the street we live on. Our final growth ultrasound revealed that Lo is in the 8th percentile and we thought for sure this meant induction that night but our OB agreed to let her stay put for just a bit longer. So needless to say, we got packed frantically because we had NOTHING done and now you guys know that was partly because of all the house stuff that has been distracting us. Our induction date is on the calendar and we are so excited to meet this INCREDIBLY active baby girl. One of the nurses who conducted my NST said she couldn't wait to lay eyes on this busy girl. We are so intrigued to see what her temperament is like. I NEVER experienced this much movement with Noelle. Lo is definitely already showing she is an individual. 



Another huge benefit to her staying put….I got to attend my Baby Sprinkle put on my friend Maddie. It was held at the cutest tea spot near our apartment in LoDo Denver, The House of Commons. These lovely ladies came out to sprinkle Lo and I with gifts and great advice on becoming a mother of two. I was overjoyed to have not missed it. 









Thank you all so much for your prayers and support over the last few weeks. I cannot tell you what it has meant to our family. As we prepare for another induction I can't help but feel overwhelmed as I think about contractions with Pitocin and all the intervention that could come with this process. This is just the road we have to travel and I am praying that God gets us safely to the other side, without a c-section. Even though I was unable to achieve an unmedicated birth with Noelle, that goal is the same this time around. I know what I'm up against and we'll just see how it goes. I am trying to prepare myself mentally and emotionally for this incredible journey. If you mamas care to share any jewels about becoming a mother of two, drop me a line in the comment section! Xoxo

No comments: