Monday, February 9, 2015

1st Birthday Party

As I've mentioned before we had an early birthday party for Noelle before we left Orlando for Denver. On January 3rd my Mother was sweet enough to share her actual birthday with Noelle's party. I hand made the invitations (which I will NEVER do again) for the party and countless hours later, I really liked how they turned out. 


There was SO much preparation for this party, it's safe to say I probably went overboard. And yes, I completely agree that the first birthday party is more for the parents. I was not ready for character overload so I went with a theme that suited Noelle but that I would really love planning for. I am so grateful for my family and friends who offered their time to help us pull this off. They cleaned, brought over chairs and tables, helped decorate and had lots of input in how I could make the party a success. A special thanks to Joanne, Blair and Liz who were such saints. Of course thanks to my parents for allowing me to invite over 75 people to their home > <


We were so blessed to have my friend Joanne's brother take pics of the party. John is so sweet and did a wonderful job capturing the vibe of the party and birthday girl. He got all of the details pictured perfectly and thank God because I needed these details to be remembered, I spent a lifetime on them. The cake, cake pops and smash cake were all made by my former coworker Kirsi Duran, who also did the cupcakes for my gender reveal party! Kirsi was amazing (as usual), putting so much detail and thought into her cake. I got my Mom a carrot cake from everyone's favorite cake lady in Orlando, The Dessert Lady




I got these really cool vintage postcards from a cute store in Carpinteria, CA. 














Noelle's outfit is from Pickee Kids on Etsy.com.





Most of the 2014 babies were in attendance, one notable baby absent from the party was Cart P :( We missed him so much, and his parents. 





I was inspired by Pinterest for this travel themed, AIR NELLY party. I had a secret board and tried recreating all the things I loved. The "passport photo" booth was a big hit with everyone. 







Noelle had just woken up from a nap at the start of the party so she wasn't very social or smiley for awhile. 





But then it was time for cake. We sang happy birthday to the real birthday girl, my Mom, and then Noelle. 








 Let the turn up begin. 















Thanks to all of our family and friends who came from near and far to celebrate Noelle with us. I couldn't have been happier with the turn out. It was such a blessing that we were able to have her party in Orlando with everyone before we moved to Denver.





















Professional photos done by John Maniago with OGAINAM Photography.



No comments: