Monday, June 19, 2017

Year 7 Anniversary Trip| Belize Part 1

Ok guys, I'm finally sharing pictures from our trip to Belize. Many of you know that Tj and I take a trip together annually to celebrate our Anniversary. We've been doing it since year one and it is something we look forward to every year. Picking the destination and planning the trip always builds lots of excitement. This was our first time leaving Lois and it seemed like a very long 8 months. So much has unfolded since her birth and it was a much needed getaway for us. Our actual anniversary is not until the 26th of this month but we were due to be in Orlando for my brother's graduation so we planned the trip around this time. We left the girls in Florida and kept it pushing. We made this a shorter trip due to the fact that I was still breastfeeding, which meant lots of pumping for me. Not how I prefer to spend my vacations but nothing could put a damper on this trip. 

I can't tell you why we chose Belize but I'll tell you that it should be on your list! It was absolutely beautiful!! Our first couple of nights were spent on a private island off the coast of Dangriga or Stann Creek Town. This place was INCREDIBLE!!! The island is 9 miles of the coast and is only accessible by boat. The travel it took to get there was quite interesting. We took a puddle jumper from Belize City to Dangriga and then a very bumpy boat ride to the island. 



After what seemed like forever (20 minutes), we arrived to the island. Welcome to Thatch Caye resort. Now be prepared for a LOT of pictures (ya'll know how I get down), but the property was stunning and I want to take you there. The adult only all inclusive resort has a maximum occupancy of only 30 people. It was our first time on a private island and the experience was great. The food was good, the people were very nice and our views were nuts. 

 

We headed to our overwater bungalow after the tour. 


The beach area was equipped with floats, lounge chairs and this tree, which was the smartest thing ever. 


We snorkeled in the shallow waters that surrounded the beach. If you are a snorkel challenged person like myself, I highly recommend these full face snorkel masks. They were awesome and allowed me to breath out of my nose normally. I didn't panic this time, although I still required a life vest, not a word people! The mask itself actually kind of acts like a flotation device. It was Tj's gift to me! What a smart and thoughtful husband!! Tj's is from Tripod and mine is Go Pro ready by WildHorn


We kayaked around the entire island and saw lots of starfish and some stingray. 


 All the meals were family style, and did I mention the food was really good. Some of the people on the island went on fishing excursions and shared their catch with us. 


Pictured below is a traditional Belizean breakfast and let's just say, I am now obsessed with fry jacks!!


Part 2 coming soon...







No comments: