Thursday, August 25, 2016

Week 35

So I figured I would start updating you guys weekly because things are changing fast around here. Week 35 was a very interesting one. I'll start with the fact that my hands are swelling at a pretty ridiculous rate. Every morning my fingers feel like sausages primed and ready for mustard and a bun. My ring finger on my right hand feels broken and putting my hand in a fist is basically impossible in the first couple hours after waking.

The big update this week is Lo's growth. Ugh….where do I start? So after our growth ultrasound this week, it was recommended that I start doing non-stress tests (NST's) twice weekly, like we did with Noelle. In order to keep a close eye on her because of her small size. I can't say that I was happy about this, or that I didn't shed a tear. I was really hoping that things would be different this time around and that we would have the least amount of intervention possible. I truly believe that we just have small babies. One side of me wishes they would just leave us the hell alone but I also understand that they have to make sure she's ok and that it is just size. She is now measuring in the 11th percentile but my fluid is fine along with my cord's function. My doctor assured me that they would not induce me unless there were complications and not just based on size.  

After I got over feeling bad for myself, I had to give it to God. I know He is in complete control and I have to trust that He is just doing what's best for us. Otherwise what's the point of faith right? Noelle turned out perfectly normal and her birth story will forever serve as a reminder that even when things don't go the way I pictured or hoped, God shows Himself in every twist and turn. Your prayers are appreciated!


Noelle and I did a mommy and me shoot this week that I cannot wait to share with you guys!! Our maternity shoot is also fast approaching and our dear friend Natalie Elizabeth is of course behind the lens. I am so excited to share that her new website is now live!!! Check her out here

Happy Fri-yay!!! It's sure to be a fun weekend for us, I hope it's nothing short of magical for you!
 Xoxo

1 comment:

Natalie Elizabeth said...

So excited to share the Mommy & Me Sesh!