Saturday, March 12, 2016

Booked

We are just under a month away from the trip of a lifetime, THAILAND!!! My husband and I are going with our favorite traveling couple as we head to this beautiful country in Southeast Asia. I am so excited to get to some humidity and April is their hottest month. That may sound a little strange but being a Florida girl living in Denver, I am ready for the heat. Thailand has so much to offer, from bustling metropolis cities to secluded beaches with incredible views. This get away is much needed and we can't wait to get out of the rat race for a couple weeks.

Photo from Phuket.com



I have been asked frequently if Noelle will make the trip. Our travel days each way will be about 26 hours, so for me the obvious answer to this question is NO! We have no plans on taking a toddler on that type of journey, nor do I plan on paying for her seat when she'll have no recollection of this trip.  Don't get me wrong I don't think being away from her for 2 weeks will be a walk in the park. We have never left Noelle for more than 4 or 5 days so this is going to be really strange. Our friends aren't bringing their little one either so we can cry on each others shoulders when we are missing their sweet little faces. But Tj and I always knew we would continue to travel the world together with and without our children. It's how we started our relationship and it's how we plan to continue. We promised each other we'd continue to invest in our relationship even while our children are young. Alone time together is so important to us because we know that it is only a matter of time until our children will be all grown up and out of the house. We don't want to be left looking at each other asking "who are you?". Our marriage will last past the time of raising our children.

The question for me is how is the heck am I going to survive on a plane for that long?!! We have never traveled more than 8 hours on a plane and I am really trying to wrap my head around these monstrous flight times. Other than downloading movies and books, I really have no ideas on how to stay sane so if you have any suggestions they are so welcome, no sleeping pills!!

I didn't know how popular of a travel destination Thailand was until I starting speaking to other people who travel often, if you've been and feel there is something we must do please do tell. For now the plan is Bangkok and Phuket but I hear it is really easy to change plans while you're there because of how cheap it is to travel around.

I've started shopping for the trip and here are some of the things in my bag. The name of the game is comfort. I've heard so many times that over packing is a lose lose so I will be really careful to bring light items and only a couple pairs of shoes. It will be hot and muggy so shorts are a must but I also wanted to get a couple of light pants for days that we visit temples and maybe for dinner.


This t-shirt dress is going to be a perfect option for those hot days, the material is so light! I couldn't help buy another one in a different color.


For shoes I will definitely be bringing only a couple pair of sandals (I love these from Aldo), my trusty Toms and one pair of heels for dinner. 

Thailand is sure to be dazzling and I couldn't be more excited to get away with my peeps while Noelle has a blast with grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins!! Bring on the fun!!


No comments: