Thursday, January 14, 2016

Noelle's Hair Style

Caring for Noelle's hair has not been an easy lesson to learn. You'd think because I do my own hair I would be capable of caring for hers. Oh but the truth hurts and is hard to hide. Noelle's hair has seen it's days of dry and brittle. As an infant I was putting baby oil and lotion on it, not having a clue of what I needed to do to keep it healthy. Since starting from scratch on my own hair I have really learned what her hair needs to look good and most importantly be healthy.  


I wash and deep condition it about once every two weeks. This way I'm not stripping her hair of it's moisture. If her hair is not in braids or they don't last two weeks I will try and deep condition it more often. 

Her hair has grown so much since I've started braiding it. It locks in her moisture and cuts down on the constant manipulation. And Lord, I couldn't imagine doing it everyday, there's no way. When we're out, I get asked all the time how I am able to get it done. Fortunately she has gotten pretty use to it, but that doesn't mean she likes it. We are big on distraction, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the iPad, or our phones.  Even that doesn't work sometimes and I just have to give her a break. Depending on the design it can take me anywhere from 45 minutes to over an hour. I usually always finger detangle her hair immediately after I deep condition (while it's softest) and in some cases I will use a wide tooth comb to get through it. 

Because of her baby balding it's been hard braiding her hair with the back being so short. It hasn't yet caught up but we work with what we've got. For whatever reason I've decided that I can trim the ends myself, this probably isn't the best idea but it works for now. I want her hair to continue to grow and I'm not paying anyone to do it. I've been shocked at the rate of its growth over the last few months. 





I posted all my favorite products in my last hair post but I use this leave-in conditioner for her.


I get a lot of design ideas from Pinterest or whatever comes to me in the moment. As much as I love her curls and setting them free it's easier to maintain when it's braided.



What are your go to hairstyles for your toddlers?

No comments: